Wallkill River School has been called Orange County’s first homegrown arts movement; mainly because we are the first arts organization with an agricultural component. We identified early on that our fate is intimately tied to our local farms, historic sites, and open spaces. Like our forebears; the Hudson River School, we seek to use our art as a way to raise awareness of and to benefit these important regional treasures. Arts generate tourism, and Wallkill River School generates agricultural tourism, heritage tourism, and brings in new arts audiences. Bottom line, we are good for the local economy, and we benefit the local community in many, many ways. This year; our 15th in business, we have committed to Montgomery by making an offer to purchase our building; the Patchett House. This will cement our future, and create an opportunity for future generations of Orange County artists, but only of you help us make this happen.
Basic membership and free admission to all events. 10% discount to your employees on classes, and advertising as a sponsor, and an ad in our full color printed brochures that are distributed all over Orange County and from NYC-Ulster.
Includes all of the benefits of the corporate art membership, plus awards
Offer unlimited classes, be featured in an exhibit in March with a live demo, opportunity to obtain AFLAC insurance through us, and access to the Wallkill River School website to monitor classes and enrollment. Opportunity to offer Plein Air classes at the site of your choice and topic of your choice in a single class format in 2017. Teachers ID good for discounts at AC moore, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby as well as some framing shops. Please read wrs-teaching-artist-policies first!
Our Highest level of patronage includes membership on our patron board, special events just for patrons, free admittance to all events and a 100/100$ ticket included in the membership. a portion of this membership funds our Endowment Fund through the Community Foundation and enables our organization to serve future generations.
a basic membership, plus a ticket to our 100/100$ auction in April (entitles you to choose one original artwork when your ticket number is called)
Artist’s Level membership includes membership in three arts organizations; Wallkill River School, Orange County Arts Council and Goshen Art League.
Through Wallkill River School:
- waived Jury Fees for all juried competitions and exhibits in 2018,
- plus 10% discount on tuition
- inclusion in our Member’s Exhibit
- opportunity to vote in Annual Meeting
- opportunity to run for the board of directors
- participate in plein air events, auctions and paint outs
Through Orange County Arts Council:
- Discounts on classes at the Wallkill River School in Montgomery
- Discounts on art books at Ye Olde Warwick Bookshop in Greenwood Lake
- 10% off eyewear at Riehle Opticians in Warwick
- One half hour legal consultation for art-related issues with Gary Schuster of Jacobowitz and Gubits
- 10% Discount at Mainframe in Middletown on framing projects
- 10% off legal service fees with William T. O’Keeffe, Esq. at O’Keeffe & McCann, LLP
- Opportunity to be highlighted as “Member of the Month” in monthly newsletter and on cover photo for Facebook page
- Individual artist video clip posted on Arts Council YouTube channel (send us one or we’ll help you make one!)
- Access to the Arts Council resource library at the Sugar Loaf office
- Invitation to our Membership Appreciation Event
- Reduced rates on Arts Council seminars, workshops and events
- Inclusion in our “Member Monday” Facebook promotion
- Ability to promote events in the Members Section of our monthly e-newsletter
- Participation in our annual Members Only Art Exhibit
through Goshen Art League (Note: This promotion ends for GAL on Jan. 31, 2018):
- rotating exhibits in GAL’s Home gallery at the Goshen Music Hall every two months. No commission on sales, receptions and publicity included.
- Invitational solo opportunities
- Quarterly shows at the Goshen Town Hall.
- yearly exhibits with Brotherhood Winery , 911 Emergency Services building, and Noble Coffee Roasters.
- Keys of Goshen- open to GAL members only. Paid commission. Painted Horses of Goshen. Paid commission.
- Plein Air events
- Website, Facebook Page, and monthly newsletters announcing calls for submissions, openings, events, workshops, Art demonstrations.
- Home of the Goshen Art Walks held on:
•First Friday in June•First Friday in August•Second Saturday in October
Inclusion in Member’s show in December, participate in benefit auctions and exhibits all year, voting privileges and option of running for the Board of Directors, link on the website, weekly email announcements, $30.00 deducted from the cost of your plein air class tuition, and 10% discount on your class tuition.
Represented Artist Memberships
Offer unlimited craft cafe classes, featured in monthly thematic exhibits upstairs and in the stairwell, featured on email blasts and facebook posts, and access to a table during our “Handmade for the Holidays” event
Enables artists to have a solo show in our gallery plus all the benefits of gallery representation without having to pay any hang fees, or jury fees (except for the Hudson Valley Plein Air Festival). Also includes basic membership to Goshen Art League and Orange County Arts Council.
Gallery representation; Meaning your work is on our website, 10 of your prints in the print rack, a piece in our hallway’s monthly themed exhibit, and no entry or jury fees for any of the 10 competitions, plus membership in Orange County Arts Council and Goshen Art League as well.
The opportunity to have your first solo show in our workshop room for the month of your choice next year, with mentorship help from the represented artist of your choice, help with your bio and portfolio, your show announced on a postcard or flyer. This is the entry level to being represented in our art gallery. Also includes membership to Orange County Arts Council and Goshen Art League!