Since the school is physically closed due to Corona Virus concerns, we will be offering to you instead a weekly painting challenge to keep your brushes active over the interim!!
We are challenging our members to make a painting every week and submit it to us! Winners will have their work posted on our website and social media and be invited to exhibit in a gallery show at Wallkill River School when it re-opens. Work can be of any subject, but must be a painting: oil, acrylic, ink, gouache, tempera, watercolor or pastel.
- This challenge is for Wallkill River School Members only – If you aren’t a member, JOIN!
- Send in one (1) painting per week. Please only submit work done between Monday to Sunday of that challenge week. You are on your honor to comply with this. The deadline to submit is Sunday at midnight.
- Email your entry to: email@example.com
- Submissions must include: email subject line “Weekly painting challenge.” In the body of the email, please include the following info: Your Name, Title, Medium, Size and include a photo of your unframed piece. Entries without all of the above info will be disqualified.
- Judging: Wallkill River School Board of Directors will vote on the paintings. Board members will recuse themselves from voting if they submit a painting to the challenge.
- Announcement: The winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be announced and posted on the website the following week. View the results below!
- Gallery Show: Each week’s winners of the challenge will qualify for entry into a gallery show at the Wallkill River School to take place once the school re-opens. Final judging for several prizes will be awarded at that show.
WEEK 10 (7/13-7/19)
Submit your work by Sunday, July 19, 2020!
WEEK 9 (7/6-7/12)
WEEK 8 (6/29-7/5)
WEEK 7 (6/22-6/28)
WEEK 6 (6/15-6/21)
WEEK 5 (6/8-6/14)
WEEK 4 (6/1-6/7)
WEEK 3 (5/25-5/31)
WEEK 2 (5/18-5/24)
WEEK 1 (5/11-5/17)